Before and After:

Homeowners in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, recently experienced a devastating house fire caused by the most common of household appliances: a dehumidifier.

What Happened

Located in their basement, the dehumidifier caught fire and quickly spread to the rest of the home, damaging nearly every surface of every room. Kelmann was called and arrived on the scene right away; our first step was to board up the property and secure the home. We were then honored to do all emergency mitigation on the property.

What Kelmann Did

The entire home was addressed as Kelmann began to plan for remediation and remodeling. All building materials and mechanical systems were removed from the interior of the home, right down to the structural framing on the main level and in the basement. The windows were all replaced (but, thankfully, the exterior of the home had very little fire damage). Nearly half of the floor joists and sheathing were removed and replaced. After the initial remediation was completed, it was time to talk about remodeling. Our customer took this as a time to reflect and rebuild, and Kelmann helped them make their longstanding dreams a reality: we remodeled the kitchen, added lighting and changed the floor plan of home. A open concept was created between the kitchen and family room. We also created a master suite by adding a bathroom. The entire home was redesigned according to the vision of the homeowner. We are so proud of our work and happy to hand the keys of this Oconomowoc property back to the owners!

Want to Learn More?

Kelmann Restoration is an award-winning remodeling company. We see your project through from start to finish – from mitigation of the initial property disaster all the way through to the full remodel. Learn more about our process and see other before and after photos, and give us a call any time: 414-774-3799.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of