Sewage and Flood Cleanup Tips
Sewage and floodwaters likely contain bacteria and other micro-organisms that are hazardous to your health and the health of your family. These contaminants can be transferred by touching affected surfaces and tracking those contaminants into other areas.
At Kelmann, our cleaning teams have extensive experience providing sewage cleanup and they will be able to safely and effectively clean up the mess and completely decontaminate the area. Drywall, carpet, and other absorbent materials are generally not salvageable, but many other surfaces in your home will be completely cleaned and sanitized.
If your home has experienced sewage backup, give us a call. In the meantime, here’s what you should do to minimize the damage and to protect your health.
- Wash hands frequently to avoid contaminating yourself and others with hazardous bacteria.
- Consider all surfaces and items contaminated until they can be properly sanitized.
- Keep children, elderly individuals, and pets out of the contaminated areas.
- As soon as possible, call Kelmann for proper cleanup and sanitation.
- DO NOT attempt to decontaminate surfaces with over-the-counter germicidal products. They are unlikely to fully decontaminate surfaces and affected items, and you will still be at risk of sickness.